Post-Dogmatism, as an art movement has no official art style, all art styles are appendages of Post-Dogmatist expression. Post-Dogmatism is all-inclusive, self-validating, and profound beyond definition. Post-Dogmatism stands at the threshold between the infinite potential of reality and the expressions of human consciousness. As such, it is continually self-generating, self-harmonizing, self affirming, self-expressing, self-defining and self-evident.
The International Post-Dogmatist Group has been founded to advance creative endeavor in all of its multifarious expressions, to encourage freedom of creative experiment and diversity of perspective, to foster tolerance and understanding among creative persons of all nations, to provide a context for interaction and association, to honor and acknowledge all those who, whether known or unknown, have worked to encourage and nurture the creative unfoldment of the human spirit and to overcome the oppression of ignorance and fear.
Membership in the Post-Dogmatist Group is open to all. We have adopted a bureaucratic organizational model in which everyone is assigned or assigns themselves to a post of their choosing which is in accordance to their nature and experience. These posts then become your interface with the group at large.
Additionally, each member is at once a drop in the ocean and an ocean in a drop meaning that the organization is also holographic in that each member is as if the whole group. No one governs, no one controls beyond the scope of his or her own domain nor is controlled or governed except as individual projects dictate. We do not seek anarchy but rather Harmony of a higher order where each is a sovereign whole and yet a part of a greater Whole. Of course, a little chaos now and then it a good thing
Rights and Privileges
1) The privilege to establish a post, office, department, title and have your website officially sanctioned by the IPDG!
2) The privilege of participating in the proliferation of Post-Dogmatism around the world like a great art virus!
3) The right to call yourself a Post-Dogmatist or not!
4) The right to think about, discuss and otherwise pursue Post-Dogmatism or not!
5) The right to work and think independently and to pursue such goals and aspirations as you deem worthy of your efforts with the full support and encouragement of the International Post-Dogmatist Group!
6) The privilege of having access to, and use of all Post-Dogmatist support materials.
7) The privilege of participating in all Post-Dogmatist group activities and dialogue or to refrain from same!
8) The privilege to shape and form Post-Dogmatism according to your own unique nature or accept it as it is!
9) The privilege of submitting artifacts and documents to the Ontological Museum!
10) The right to receive all honor and respect due to any Post-Dogmatist!
The evidence of life of the International Post Dogmatist Group is embodied by the Ontological Museum. It is an archive of thousands and thousands of works of art by collage artists, assemblage artists, mail artists, concrete and asemic poets and Fluxus artists. It is a unique and invaluable 21st Century Art Project created by contemporary artists to document and preserve for the future an art collection that would not otherwise exist. The OM is the home of several wings such as the International Museum of Collage, Assembage and Construction, The Fluxmuseum, The Museum of Snapshot Photography and the Archives of the Eternal Network.
The OM celebrated its 25th anniversary during the year 2019. And we are now working very hard to pull all the parts together as a single whole to make it easier to see the magnitude and importance of this project online.
Accomplishing this task is expensive and time consuming and requires a lot of hands. We are asking for you to become a subscribing member at any of the levels listed to help us grow and keep the collection well organized and online so that all of the members who have contributed works to the collection may benefit from the exposure we are providing and hope to continue to provide.
We also produce niche market books and catalogs for the collection as well as physical and digital exhibitions. We also need to upgrade our archive and storage facilities for the collection so that we can keep things archived properly and well documented. There is also the need of museum quality archival framing of works for exhibition purposes and the requisite storage for framed works. We are at 7,000 feet altitude in the High Desert because it is good for paper: low moisture and low insect population. Without your generous support we are unable to proceed forward.
Won’t you sign up and become a subscribing member? We need and are grateful for your support! You are the backbone of this operation.
We have 4 annual membership options listed…
- $5.00 a month is a basic membership that helps us provide access to all of the Museum’s websites.
- $10.00 a month is a stronger membership that helps us provide access to all of the Museum’s websites and work on publications
- $25.00 a month is an even stronger membership that helps us provide access to all of the Museum’s websites, keep growing them and work on publications plus we’ll send you publication from Ontological Museum Publications once a year.
- $50.00 per month – give a significant amount of support and we’ll send you at least one additional publication or other cool items and your name listed as a sponsor to any projects or publications produced during your annual membership.